“Reading Is Our Thing”
Reading Extravaganza 2015
Begins March 2
The Sioux Falls Christian annual Reading Extravaganza is ready to begin!
Reading Extravaganza Instructions & Guidelines
- CLICK HERE to find four weekly reading logs to record the amount of time your child reads.
- Reading that is done before and after school hours may be counted. NO reading done during school will be counted toward weekly reading goals.
- Reading logs must be turned in each Monday to their classroom teachers or they will not be given credit.
- Reading periods should be logged in 15 minute increments.
Time spent listening to someone else read and reading independently is counted. The student and the parent should sign the reading log sheet to ensure accuracy. The weekly reading log runs from Monday through the following Sunday and should be brought to the teacher each Monday.
- Weekly rewards will be given to all classes who meet their classroom reading and personal goals. Each classroom teacher will determine if their goals have been met using the reading logs received on Mondays. The weekly rewards will include:
Week 1 Bubble Gum Day
Week 2 Game Day
Week 3 Movie Day
Week 4 Teacher’s Choice
- Students who make their personal weekly goals will be able to put their names in a drawing for prizes to be drawn weekly.
- The section from each grade level that has the most reading periods at the end of the month will earn a pizza party.
- All students will receive Dr. Seuss treats in their library classes during the Extravaganza.
- The students will be having Dr. Seuss dress-up days during the month:
March 6= Cat in the Hat Day! (Wear a Hat)
March 13= Green Eggs from Head to Toe Day! (Wear Green)
March 20= Fox in Socks Day! (Wear Crazy Socks)
March 27= Who Hair day! (Come with Who Hair…ex. bird’s nest, bee hive, cupcake, flower garden, rock star)
- We will be giving back during March…there will be boxes in the library where the students can place gently used books from home to be donated to The Banquet.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Addink at email@example.com.